These facts are just crazy!! Here are the Top 10 Tiger Woods Facts that you just won’t believe.
- Tiger has won a tournament (Bridgestone Invitational, August 2013) more recently than Phil Mickelson (British Open, July 2013).
2) He hasn’t played a competitive round of golf in the last 467 days. In a 467-day stretch from June 6, 1999, to Sept. 15, 2000, Tiger won four majors and 16 tournaments overall.
3) If Tiger doesn’t win this year its 9 full seasons since he last won a major.
4) Since 1997, Tiger has won 14 majors. No player who’s debuted since then has won more than 14 PGA tournaments of any kind.
5) Tiger has won eight tournaments since 2012, despite the fact he won no tournaments in his 18 starts in 2014 and 2015 and didn’t play at all in 2016. Yet, only two players on the PGA have more than eight wins since 2012: Rory McIlroy (11) and Jason Day (9).
6) Five-tournament win streak. Nobody else in the last 60 years has ever done it once.
7) The World Golf Championships began in 1999. Tiger has 18 wins at the events since then. Geoff Ogilvy and Dustin Johnson are tied for second, with three wins each.
8) If Tiger finishes this week’s tournament, which has no cut, he will move up about 150 places. If he finishes in 10th, he’d leap about 350 other golfers. If he wins, he’d get to No. 123.
9) Tiger has played the Masters 18 times. He’s finished in the top 10 in 13 of those tournaments.
10) Tiger is getting 40/1 odds to win the 18-man Hero World Challenge, the lowest of any player in the field. He has four more majors than the rest of the field, combined.
That’s it folks “Top 10 Tiger Woods Facts”
Images; Getty Images FOX Sports